Franklin Vets Blog
COVID-19 Update to Equine Clients
Vets are viewed as an essential service, so we continue to be here for you 24/7. If you need to see us, call your local clinic as per normal, including after hours.
We do, however, have some changes we will need to make to be compliant with the lockdown rules.
- We can no longer have equine clients into our clinics. For medications and supplies, please phone or even better email your order to us. We will send you payment options and have it ready for collection when you arrive. Contact us for more details.
- Vets are on call 24/7 and able to attend any emergency. We will be triaging some cases by phone to assess before attending to minimise time on properties and we may be providing remote prescribing for less urgent cases during these exceptional circumstances.
- Non-emergencies such as performance-related lameness, chiropractic/acupuncture treatments, or routine dentistry will be delayed during this period. For any horse showing signs of discomfort, pain, or suffering a vet is available to discuss and provide remote triage which may involve sending us photos and videos. Vets will use this information to determine if a visit is necessary or medication can be prescribed remotely.
- Our teams will be keeping a social distance from you and any handlers when at your yard for the safety of all. Please don’t take it personally if you don’t get your normal handshake! If you have flu-like symptoms or are in self-isolation, please let us know in advance of the visit, so we can plan accordingly. We will be asking more questions before attending your horse about how well they tolerate veterinary examinations and treatments; to help us in our work we may bring an assistant so we can always keep 2m from you.
- Most of our team are working remotely to minimise the staff in each clinic to only those doing essential work such as preparing orders. Please bear with us if it takes a little bit longer for us to answer incoming phone calls.
Look after yourself and stay safe.
The Franklin Vets Equine team