Franklin Vets Blog
Equine veterinary services during level 3
April 28, 2020
At alert level 3, we can provide a full range of equine veterinary services, so long as your family and our team are kept safe, as per the government directive.
What Level 3 looks like:
- We can now see your horses for routine care. However, we will continue to triage all cases over the phone and we ask for your patience when booking as we continue to work in pairs for safeties sake, which reduces the number of appointments we can make.
- Equine clients are still not able to come into our clinics. For medications and supplies, please phone or even better email your order to us. We will send you payment options and have it ready for collection from our dropbox when you arrive. Contact us for more details. Phone: 09 238 2471.
- Our equine vets are on call 24/7 and able to attend any emergency.
- Working in pairs enables us to keep 2 metres from you when at your yard. We will ask questions before attending your horse about how well they tolerate veterinary examinations and treatments. If we need more than 2 people we will advise you how this will be done safely.
- Most of our team are working remotely to minimise the staff in each clinic to only those doing essential work such as preparing orders. Please bear with us if it takes a little bit longer for us to answer incoming phone calls.
- If you have flu-like symptoms or are in self-isolation, please let us know in advance of the visit, so we can plan accordingly.
Look after yourself and stay safe.
The Franklin Vets Equine team