Franklin Vets Blog
Level 3 veterinary update for lifestyle farmers
April 28, 2020
At alert level 3, we can provide a full range of veterinary services to your farm pets, so long as your family and our team are kept safe, as per the government directive. Services are NO LONGER divided on an essential versus non-essential basis.
What level 3 looks like:
- We can now see your animals for routine care. Please call 09 298 8575 to make a booking.
- We ask that your animals are ready for us when we attend. Our teams will be keeping a minimum of a 2-metre distance from you and your family while on-farm. If assistance is necessary, we may bring a vet tech to enable us to keep this distance. If we need more than 2 people we will advise you how this will be done safely.
- We still cannot admit farm animals into our clinics, however, we are happy to see them in the carpark. Please phone ahead to make an appointment.
- For medications and supplies, please phone or even better email your order to us. We will send you payment options and have it ready for collection from our dropbox when you arrive. Contact us for more details: 09 298 8575
- Our large animal vets are on call 24/7 and able to attend any emergency.
- If you have flu-like symptoms or are in self-isolation, please let us know in advance of the visit, so we can plan accordingly.
Look after yourself and stay safe.
The team at Franklin Vets