Franklin Vets Blog
COVID-19 Level 2 Update for Pets
As of Thursday morning, we will be welcoming you back into our clinics for consults and retail sales. Our teams are really looking forward to seeing you and your pets again and we have the following measures in place to keep everyone safe.
- For booked appointments, please call the clinic when you arrive. We hope to be able to direct you straight to your consult room, however, if it is busy it will be safer for you to wait in your car.
- Once in the consult room, we will be maintaining a distance of 1 metre. Where possible, we will use a vet nurse to assist with holding your pets while they are examined. Please let us know if you prefer a greater distance or would like to wear a mask or gloves. Note, there is no government requirement for PPE with close contact services under level 2 but we will have it available for those who would prefer to wear it, and some of our team will also choose to wear it.
- We would prefer only one family member attends an appointment with your pet. However, we realise this won’t always be possible so we will work with you when this arises.
- In very small consult rooms, we may need to take your pets to the treatment room for examination or ask you to wait in the waiting room while we examine them.
- We can allow a maximum of 1 customer per 6 square metres into our retail area. Customer numbers will be clearly marked at the door of each clinic and we thank you for your patience if you have to wait outside until others leave the building.
- Once inside the clinic, please maintain a physical distance of 1 metre from others. There will be markers on the floor indicating safe standing distance, traffic flow etc. to help with this.
- We have installed perspex sneeze screens on the front counter and will be regularly disinfecting all contact points such as counters and EFTPOS machines.
We will capture names and contact details through sales and appointment history.
These will be changing at most clinics from Thursday to pre-lockdown hours. Please check your clinic’s page on this website.
Note, because all our clinics are different, there may be some variations on these measures. Our main focus will be ensuring everyone is kept safe while your pets get the care they need.
Thank you all for your amazing support and patience during these unusual times and stay safe out there.
The team at Franklin Vets.