May 13, 2020
At alert level 2, we can provide a full range of veterinary services, so long as we take the following measures to keep everyone safe.
Actions needed to be compliant with the level 2 rules:
- We will be keeping a 1-metre distance from you and your staff while on-farm.
- For most calls, one vet will attend unless doing work that requires additional hands (such as teatsealing). Our Farm Vets & Techs have a range of PPE (masks, gloves and face shields) available for both our vets and for you to wear where appropriate. This will be the case when working less than 1-metre space for more than a few seconds.
- For most calls, we would prefer to just have one farm worker present. If others are there, they should be >2m away. They will be included in the contact tracing log.
- If you prefer, we can now do Prescription consultations and other meetings on your farm so long as we maintain 1-metre distancing. We can also do via phone or video link if you prefer.
- You are now welcome into our clinics. There are some health & safety measures we will be taking to keep everyone safe including hand sanitising, sneeze guards at the customer service desk and regular sanitising of all surfaces including EFTPOS machines and counters. Also, we can only allow a limited number of people into the clinic at a time so if you are in a hurry please phone or even better email your order to us. We can have it ready for collection when you arrive or we may be able to arrange drop-offs for you. Open hours – These will be changing at most clinics from Thursday to pre-lockdown hours. Please check your clinic’s page on our website. https://franklinvets.co.nz/our-clinics/
- Contact Tracing – We will capture names and contact details through sales and appointment history.
- If you have flu-like symptoms or are in self-isolation, please let us know in advance of the visit, so we can plan accordingly.
Look after yourself and stay safe.
The team at Franklin Vets.