Franklin Vets Blog
COVID-19 Level 2 Equine Vet Services Update
May 13, 2020
At alert level 2, we can provide a full range of equine veterinary services for your horses so long as we take the following measures to keep everyone safe.
- We will be keeping a 1-metre distance from you while at your property.
- For most calls, one vet will attend unless doing prolonged procedures that require two vets (such as geldings or X-ray series). Our Equine Vets have a range of PPE (masks, gloves and face shields) available for both our vets and for you to wear where appropriate. This will be the case when working less than 1-metre space for more than a few seconds.
- For most calls, we would prefer to just have one owner present to hold the horse. If other owners are required to be there, they should be >2m away. They will be included in the contact tracing log.
- You are now welcome into our clinics. There are some health & safety measures we will be taking to keep everyone safe including hand sanitising, sneeze guards at the customer service desk and regular sanitising of all surfaces including EFTPOS machines and counters. Also, we can only allow a limited number of people into the clinic at a time so if you are in a hurry please phone or even better email your order to us. We can have it ready for collection when you arrive. Open hours – These will be changing from Thursday to pre-lockdown hours. Please check our clinic’s page on this website.
- Contact Tracing – We will capture names and contact details through sales and appointment history.
- If you have flu-like symptoms or are in self-isolation, please let us know in advance of the visit, so we can plan accordingly.
Remember our equine vets are still on call 24/7 and able to attend any emergency.
Look after yourself and stay safe.
The team at Franklin Vets Equine.