Franklin Vets Blog
COVID-19 Level Vet Services for Lifestyle Farms
At alert level 2, we can provide a full range of veterinary services for your farm pets, so long as we take the following measures to keep everyone safe.
Actions needed to be compliant with the level 2 rules:
- We will be keeping a 1-metre distance from you while on your block.
- For most calls, one vet will attend unless doing work that requires additional hands. We ask that your animals are ready for us when we attend. If assistance is necessary, we may bring a vet tech to enable us to keep this distance. If we need more than 2 people we will advise you how this will be done safely.
- Our Farm Vets & Techs have a range of PPE (masks, gloves and face shields) available for both our vets and for you to wear where appropriate. This will be the case when working less than 1-metre space for more than a few seconds.
- We can now see small farm animals at our clinics. Please phone ahead to make an appointment.
- For most calls, we would prefer to just have one person present. If others are there, they should be >2m away. They will be included in the contact tracing log.
- You are now welcome into our clinics to buy supplies. There are some health & safety measures we will be taking to keep everyone safe including hand sanitising, sneeze guards at the customer service desk and regular sanitising of all surfaces including EFTPOS machines and counters. Also, we can only allow a limited number of people into the clinic at a time so if you are in a hurry please phone or even better email your order to us. We can have it ready for collection when you arrive. Open hours – These will be changing at most clinics from Thursday to pre-lockdown hours. Please check your clinic’s page on this website.
- Contact Tracing – We will capture names and contact details through sales and appointment history.
- If you have flu-like symptoms or are in self-isolation, please let us know in advance of the visit, so we can plan accordingly.
Look after yourself and stay safe.
The Franklin Vets Lifestyle team.