Franklin Vets Blog
Our Northern Clinics are back in Level 3
What does this mean for you & your pets?
We are now operating under level 3 at our Pukekohe, Papakura, Karaka, Waiuku & Beachlands clinics.
We can still offer a full range of services and keep appointments that have already been booked & make new ones, However, we need to follow government rules for keeping both your family and our teams safe. This means that we will have to limit our face to face contact with you.
For those of you that didn’t come to Franklin Vets during the last lockdown, things are quite different and take a lot more time than in “pre-lockdown” days.
You need to plan your visit ahead by ringing, emailing or making an appointment online.
Once at the clinic:
- Bring your mobile phone, call us and follow the instructions of our team. In most situations, you will not be able to enter the clinic building under level 3 restrictions, and our team will meet with you at our front door.
- Bring a mask & wear it once you leave the car
- Make sure your dog’s collar is secure. That means tight enough that they cannot pull it off
- If you are sick, stay away.
We are committed to keeping both our people and our clients safe so we ask you for your patience at this time.
Are you a level 3 clinic client who lives in the Level 2 zone?
We are aware of the delays and difficulties getting into and out of the Auckland Franklin Vet’s clinics from the Waikato. We are awaiting clarification from the Ministry of Health as to whether exemptions apply to accessing veterinary medical services as veterinary services are classified as essential services. In the meantime, we can:
- Provide documentation to support a visit to the clinic for animal health visit or medication collection
- Arrange delivery of medications in some circumstances
- Arrange for you to have your animal seen from our Te Kauwhata clinic
- Arrange for you to collect medication from our Te Kauwhata clinic. Note we need plenty of notice for this so please make your orders ASAP.
- After hours emergencies – call our Kopu after hours number: 07 8685007 or the Waikato Afterhours Veterinary Hospital in Hamilton on 078395656.
Please call your local clinic for further information on how we can assist.
Bookings & shopping through the client portal
- Make online appointments
- Order products for pick up
- Order repeat prescriptions
- Access your pet’s health information, including due dates for vaccinations and treatments.
Email orders: available Monday – Friday only
If you know what you want, email your product order to firstname.lastname@example.org
Someone will call you with further instructions regarding payment & pick up. We can always check out your previous purchases if you aren’t 100% sure what you need.
Email your local clinic
If you need to contact your local clinic, email is a great option. You can find all our email addresses & phone numbers on our website.
All clinics will be open for the usual hours for the next four days. Check our website.
If you have a pet emergency, please phone your local Franklin Vets clinic during open hours so we can be prepared.
Stay safe out there.
The team at Franklin Vets.