Franklin Vets Blog
Level 2 Equine Veterinary Care
March 6, 2021
Thank goodness we are back to Level 2 and our equine vets can get back to business as usual, with safety measures in place.
- Our equine vets are on call 24/7 and able to attend to any emergency.
- We will be keeping a 1-metre distance from you while at your property.
- For most calls, one vet will attend unless doing prolonged procedures that require two vets (such as geldings or X-ray series). Our Equine Vets have a range of PPE (masks, gloves and face shields) available for both our vets and for you to wear where appropriate. This will be the case when working less than 1-metre space for more than a few seconds.
- We would prefer to just have one owner present to hold the horse. If other owners are required to be there, they should be >2m away. They will be included in the contact tracing log.
- You are welcome into Level 2 zone clinics. In the clinic, we will be hand sanitising, have sneeze guards at the customer service desk and will be regularly sanitising all surfaces including EFTPOS machines and counters. Also, we can only allow a limited number of people into the clinic at a time so if you are in a hurry please phone or even better email your order to us. We can have it ready for collection when you arrive. Contact Tracing – please scan the govt QR Code at the front door on arrival.
- If you have flu-like symptoms or are in self-isolation, please let us know in advance of the visit, so we can plan accordingly.
Look after yourself and stay safe.
The team at Franklin Vets Equine.