Franklin Vets Blog
Farm Vet COVID Update March 7
As of today, our Northern team is excited to be moving back to Level 2. Here is what this means to those of you who are farm clients in this area.
We can provide a full range of veterinary services at Level 2 by following these actions:
- We will be keeping a 1-metre distance from you and your staff while on-farm.
- If you have flu-like symptoms or are in self-isolation, please let us know in advance of the visit. We may be able to arrange contactless delivery of your product.
- Our Farm Vets & Techs have a range of PPE (masks, gloves and face shields) available for both our vets and for you to wear where appropriate. This will be the case when working less than 1-metre space for more than a few seconds.
- For most calls, we would prefer to just have one farm worker present. If others are there, they should be >2m away. They will be included in the contact tracing log.
- We can still do Prescription consultations and other meetings on your farm so long as we maintain 1-metre distancing. We can also do it via phone or video link if you prefer.
- You are welcome to come back into our clinics. Please scan the QR code when you arrive. We will be using hand sanitising, sneeze guards at the customer service desk and regular sanitising of all surfaces including EFTPOS machines and counters. Also, we can only allow a limited number of people into the clinic at a time so if you are in a hurry please phone or even better email your order to us. We can have it ready for collection when you arrive or we may be able to arrange drop-offs for you.
Stay safe out there.
The team at Franklin Vets